Have you ever noticed how adverts for ladies razors and shaving products always portray this relaxed, sensuous experience? The reality is, for most of us, shaving is anything but fun and relaxing. It is generally a chore that is unpleasant and frustrating. It is simply not enjoyable most of the time. Sure, marketers paint a pretty picture to promote their products but shaving does not have to be something you dread and put off for as long as possible. If you want silky smooth skin that is free of hair, without the bumps, nicks and irritation many shaving products produce, you just need to invest in the right equipment.
Some societies and cultures have no issues with female body hair but most western civilizations want as little of it as possible. Shaving just your legs and armpits every so often and your bikini line one or twice over summer just doesn’t do it for most women these days. More and more women are shaving greater areas of their bodies and more regularly than they did in the past. If you find shaving a chore, this won’t be pleasant.
There are a number of hair removal options available, all with advantages and disadvantages so it is important to find the one that works best for you. Waxing and epilation can be agonizing and laser hair removal takes time and can be quite expensive. While they are good options for some ladies for some body parts, shaving is the most practical and accessible method of hair removal for most.
- Advantages of shaving with electric razor
- Choosing the right electric razor and hair trimmer
- Top 10 Best Electric Razors and Hair Trimmers
- 1. Panasonic ES-ED50-N Multi-Functional Wet/Dry Shaver and Epilator
- 2. Remington WDF5030A Wet & Dry Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver
- 3. Remington WSF4810 Women’s Travel Foil Shaver
- 4. Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
- 5. JTrim Women’s Electric Shaver, Silk Touch Close Shave Lady Body Groomer
- 6. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Electric Razor and Bikini Trimmer
- 7. Codream 4-in-1 Rechargeable Electric Epilator & Lady Shaver
- 8. Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver with Pop-Up Trimmer
- 9. Panasonic ES2291DT Ladies 2-Blade “Close Curves” Wet/Dry Shaver
- 10. Braun Silk-épil 9 Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Epilator
- Wrapping it Up…
Advantages of shaving with electric razor
- Pain-free. Of all hair removal methods, shaving has to be the most painless way to get results, particularly when shaving the bikini area.
- Fast. Shaving is quick and easy compared to other forms of hair removal. It also gives instant results.
Convenient. Shaving, particularly with an electric razor is convenient and can be done pretty much anywhere, anytime.
- Cost effective. Although the initial outlay for a good electric razor might cost a bit, in the long run, it is one of the most cost effective means of hair removal.
There are two main options for shaving and that is a normal razor, where you wet shave the areas you wish to free of body hair, or an electric razor that can be used wet or dry. Of the two, electric razors are far more efficient and convenient, less painful and more cost effective in the long run. They are also much safer than conventional razors and give a smoother result as they gently pull the hair up before cutting it off. The fast rotating blades also make the process much faster than a manual razor. In this review, I will take you through the 10 best electric devices available on the market. They are as follows:
The bad news is, selecting the right electric razor for women can be quite a daunting task as there is an overwhelming range of options to choose from.
The good news?
I will help you with that. I have done all of the hard work for you and researched and studied all the top selling ladies electric razors and trimmers on the market. I looked at their quality, effectiveness, convenience, comfort and safety. A lot of our research was based on the huge amount of feedback from people that have purchased and used these razors. Read on to find out which device is my personal favorite – and which one will be yours!
Choosing the right electric razor and hair trimmer
Before we get into our top recommendations for electric razors, let’s take a quick look at a few factors you need to consider when making your selection to make sure you get one of the best razors for women.
- Foil vs Rotary. Foil shavers are designed to get a close shave on large areas like your legs, which is why they are most common in women s electric shavers than they are in shavers that are designed for men. These types of shavers are designed to shave in an up and down motion, so you have to shave a specific way to get the closest shave. They have a floating head that will adapt to the shape and curves of the area being shaved. Rotary shavers have multiple floating heads that spin behind a screen. They are more flexible for those difficult to reach areas, which is what makes a rotary blade a good option for shaving your bikini area. The blades rotate 360 degrees, so you can shave using a circular motion to get as close as possible. Rotary razors generally give a closer shave and are easier to clean.
- Corded or Cordless. Do you want to be tethered to an outlet while you are shaving? For many women, this may not be an issue, but if your tub is not near an outlet in your bathroom, then shaving could be tricky. A cordless option has a little less power but is very convenient. Some of the top models offer both options so that you can plug in your shaver when the batteries are low.
- Noise Level. Some electric razors for women are excessive when it comes to noise due to the number of vibrations that the devices require to remove the hair properly. Some are designed with noise reducing features to give you more peace of mind while you are shaving. For many, this is not a concern, but it could be crucial for someone who has small children that they do not want to wake up.
- Key Features. Some of the best razors for women come with the ability to control the speed that you are shaving. You can typically shave your legs much faster than you can move the razor when you are shaving your bikini area, so this feature is something that will help protect your sensitive areas from being cut. Some models have dedicated personal trimmers for the bikini area that you can use as well. Don’t forget to look for included attachments that may make shaving easier for you.
- Accessories. Some razors come with additional attachments and accessories such as precision attachments and exfoliators. Many of these can be very useful but are not essential for the main purpose of shaving and trimming.
- Comfort and design. You want the shaver to be compact and fit comfortably in your hand. The better the ergonomic design, the easier it will be to control and get to those hard to reach areas.
Top 10 Best Electric Razors and Hair Trimmers
Panasonic ES-ED50-N Multi-Functional Wet/Dry Shaver and Epilator for Women, Women’s with Four Hair Removal Attachments and Travel Pouch
Remington WSF4810US Smooth & Silky On the Go Shaver, Wet/Dry Razor with Hypoallergenic Foil, Color/Design May Vary
Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 4 Blade Razor, Bikini Trimmer Attachment, Pop-up Trimmer, Wet Dry Operation, Close Curves – ES2216PC
Women’s Electric Shaver by JTrim SilkTouch Close Shave Lady Body Groomer Rechargeable Personal Razor Bikini Trimmer Attachment Ladies in Pink JPT-LS200 Jay’s Products
Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver – Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Razor and Bikini Trimmer for Women
4in1 Rechargeable Electric Hair Removal Epilator, Lady Shaver, Callus Remover Pumice Stone Rollers and Hair Clipper for Exfoliating Dead Skin and Safe Hair Removal for Women or Men
Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads – ES2207P
1. Panasonic ES-ED50-N Multi-Functional Wet/Dry Shaver and Epilator
- Multiple attachments
- Charges quickly
- Has a LED light
What has to rate as one of the best razors for women is the Panasonic ES-ED50-N. It is great for a luxurious shaving experience. It is designed to be used for both wet and dry shaving. The head of the shaver pivots and contours to your body, giving you a silky smooth shave.
This model also has two speed options as well as a LED light to help you illuminate those thin, difficult to see hairs. Once you are done shaving, you can clean the razor by running it under water to remove the hair.
There are four attachments that come with this model. The first is the shaving head with a pop-up trimmer. The blades on this attachment are hypoallergenic so removing hair from sensitive skin should not be an issue. The next attachment is a bikini comb, which is great for trimming your more sensitive areas.
There is also an epilator head that is designed to remove the hair at the root. This attachment head features a wide disc that has 48 rotating tweezers. There is also a gentle epilator cap that limits the number or tweezers that function at once to make the removal process less irritating.
- The light comes in handy at times
- It charges quickly
- The attachments are simple to change
- The motor is a bit loud
- It only has 30 minutes of charge
2. Remington WDF5030A Wet & Dry Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver
- Very quick and efficient
- Doesn’t pinch the skin
- Has a moisturizing strip
Remington is another big name in shaving technology and they produced a winner with one of the Best Electric Razors and Hair Trimmers, the ladies WDF5030A. It is a shaver that will give you a close, comfortable shave whether you are using it for wet or dry shaving. The device features a four bladed head that is optimized to give you the smoothest shave possible. It is well designed for speed and efficiency.
The shaver is designed with an angled head that helps to keep the foils positioned flush to your skin. The last two blades are actually part of the personal trimmer. This feature is designed to help trim the longer hairs on your body and lift them up into the foil to give you the perfect close shave. This makes it effective on all hair lengths. There is a bikini comb attachment to make shaving the bikini area easier and more effective. The blades have an antimicrobial additive to minimize the risk of any bacteria build up.
One of the features that we liked the most about this shaver is the smooth glide technology. Not only is this shaver going to give you smooth skin, it will utilize the almond oil strip on the head to help keep your skin soft, supple and smooth. This is handy all over the body but great for shaving the bikini area.
This Remington shaver holds a charge for 30 minutes of continuous usage. This should provide enough power to shave completely before it needs to be recharged. Once you are done, it is easy to clean, especially since it can be washed underwater.
- Very quick and efficient
- The moisturizing strip is very soothing
- It does not pinch the skin or pull hairs
- Includes a bikini comb, head guard, travel bag and a charging stand
- The charge only lasts for about 30 minutes of continuous use
3. Remington WSF4810 Women’s Travel Foil Shaver
- Both wet and dry shaving
- Hypoallergenic foils
- Very lightweight
This is our selection for the best travel shaver for women. If you are looking for a great compact shaver that you can take with you on your travels, then the Remington WSF4810 is a great option. The ergonomic design makes it super comfortable and easy to use. It is suited to both wet and dry shaving.
The angled head design allows for a close shave and size of the head makes a quick job of your routine. The dual trimmer design allows you to shave from either side of the razor. In addition, the foils are hypoallergenic, which means that they can be used on sensitive skin without creating irritation.
The shaver was made with travel in mind. It runs off two AA batteries so there is no need to carry a charger. They do last a good while but if you are concerned about costs, you can always get rechargeable batteries.
- It works well with both wet and dry shaving
- It is very easy to use
- It comes with hypoallergenic foils
- It is lightweight, making it a great travel shaver
- Some people find it tricky to clean
- This razor does not come with accessories
- It is not rechargeable
4. Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
- Good value for money
- The head pivots as needed
- Great for wet and dry shaving
Another good option from Panasonic is the ES2216PC Close Curves. It is designed to give you the closest shave possible so that you can run your fingers along the curves in your legs without feeling any stubble. This cordless model is a great option for those who want the choice of either dry or wet shaving.
This electric razor for women has a four blade design that works together to create an effortless glide over your skin as the hair is removed. The pivoting head is perfect for all of your body’s curves. The blades are crafted from hypoallergenic stainless steel so that they are gentle on your skin.
Specifically designed for the female body, it features a lightweight design that is perfectly portable. The handle has a sleek ergonomic shape that is easy to grip and control no matter which part of your body you are shaving. In addition, this shaver can also be personalized, which means that when you use the bikini shaver attachment, you can decide how short you want to trim the hair in your bikini area.
A 12-hour charge will give you a good hours shaving time. It also has a 60-day money back guarantee.
- Good value for money
- The head of the shaver pivots as needed
- It works well for wet and dry shaving
- It takes a while to charge
- For some users, it was not as effective on thick hair
5. JTrim Women’s Electric Shaver, Silk Touch Close Shave Lady Body Groomer
- Lightweight design
- Quick and effective shave
- Great price
The Woman’s Electric Shaver by JTrim is a great option for a close comfortable shave. It does not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the shavers on the market, but it will provide you with a painless, smooth result.
This rechargeable razor can be used while it is charging, great if you have forgotten to recharge. That being said, this is not a waterproof shaver so can only be used for dry shaving. To clean, simply brush the hairs out and rinse the cover.
The handy trimmer attachment included in the packaging will help comb your hairs and position them to be trimmed to your preference.
- It features a lightweight design that is good for travel
- It offers a quick and effective shave
- The blades do not pull your hair as you are shaving
- It is sold at a good price
- It can lose its charge a bit faster than some other models tested
- For dry shaving only
6. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Electric Razor and Bikini Trimmer
- Good option for travelling
- Easy to clean
- Really close shave
Braun has a popular model for the ladies in the Silk-Epil LS5160WD. The shaver is designed with a round head that allows it to glide with the contours of your legs with ease. It comes with a long hair trimmer and a floating foil design so that you get the closest shave possible.
This shaver is designed to be used for both wet and dry shaving, so it can be used with ease no matter where you are.
This shaver comes with a few different attachments to make the shaving process smoother. Firstly, it has an optishaver attachment that helps you get a close shave that leaves your skin silky smooth. The second attachment is a bikini trimmer. This allows you to determine the length you want to leave the hair according to your preference.
The last attachment is an exfoliation tool that is designed to give your skin a revitalized look. This exfoliation is done as you shave so it takes care of dry skin and hair removal in one swoop. All you need to do is moisturize afterward.
This is not a rechargeable shaver and works off AA batteries. They last a fair amount of time and you do not have to remember to charge. It also makes it great for travelling as you don’t have to remember to pack the charger. You can always purchase rechargeable AA batteries to use in the device.
- Great for travelling
- It works well with both wet and dry shaving
- It is easy to clean
- It provides a really close shave
- It cannot be fully immersed in water
- It runs on AA batteries
- Can be a little on the loud side
7. Codream 4-in-1 Rechargeable Electric Epilator & Lady Shaver
- Very versatile device
- Safe for use on the face
- Can be used while plugged in
If you looking for more than just a shave or a trim, the Codream has a lot to offer. The device is a 4-in-1 electric shaver. The main purpose is obviously a close, smooth shave and it does this admirably. You have a choice of two speeds so you can alternate depending on the area or the coarseness of the hair.
The four attachment heads options start with the shaver head. This consists of dual trimmers and a foil design that is ideal for your bikini area, your underarms, and your face. Next is the clipper attachment which is used to trim any longer hair.
There is also an epilator attachment that can be used to remove short hair. Since this attachment is going to remove the hair at the root, it is a great option for both thin and thick hair. The final attachment is the callus remover. It is a micro mineral surface that is designed to buff away the dead skin on your feet and massage your soles at the same time.
- Safe for use on the face
- It is rechargeable
- It is a very versatile device
- The callus remover is a great addition to this shaver
- It works great on fine hair
- The device can be used while it is plugged in
- The charge does not last for longer than 20 minutes
- Some users found it left a bit of stubble behind
8. Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver with Pop-Up Trimmer
- Great value for money
- Comes with a trimmer
- Hypoallergenic blades
This popular choice was highly rated by customers and is a well known, trusted brand. The Panasonic ES2207P is an electronic razor for women that utilizes a foil shaver so that it can shave as closely as possible to the contours of your legs. The blades are made from stainless steel so that they are hypoallergenic for anyone with sensitive skin. The ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use and it is compact enough to take when you are travelling.
This shaver has three blades that are all designed to move independently so that all of the hairs are removed with only one glide across the skin. This will reduce skin irritation. In addition to the three blade design, there is a convenient pop-up bikini trimmer that can be used to perfect your bikini area or even get rid of hairs that you might have missed while shaving.
The best part is that this shaver can be used with both dry and wet shaving, so if you want to lather up your legs before giving them a shave, go ahead. It is actually a shaver that can be fully immersed in the water, so don’t be afraid to shave in the shower if that is your preference.
Insofar as charging, the unit is not designed to be used while it is charging. A 12 hour charge will give you about 30 minutes of shaving. This shaver comes with a space-saving charger so that your counter space is not compromised when you need to replenish the batteries.
- Very good value for money
- The hypoallergenic blades are great for individuals with sensitive skin
- The charger has a compact design
- Can be used wet or dry
- It comes with a trimmer
- It’s easy to clean
- 12 hour of charge only provides about 30 minutes of usage
- Nothing to indicate that the shaver is charged
- A few users reported it left a little stubble
9. Panasonic ES2291DT Ladies 2-Blade “Close Curves” Wet/Dry Shaver
- Impressive battery life
- Great for sensitive skin
- Highly affordable
Panasonic definitely has a number of great shavers for ladies and another excellent option s the ES2291DT. It is two blade system that will give you a great shave whether you choose to shave wet or dry.
The floating head system is designed to follow the curves of your body so that it can function quickly and effectively. In addition, the blades are all made from hypoallergenic nickel-free material so that this shaver can even be used on sensitive skin.
The pop-up trimmer is also an option that you can use when you need to cut a stray hair or trim your bikini line. When you are done shaving, the device can be fully immersed in water to be cleaned. This cordless shaver does require two AAA batteries to run, so make sure that you stock up or purchase a few sets of rechargeable batteries.
- It has an impressive battery life
- Highly affordable
- It is great for sensitive skin
- It is a compact device that is ideal for travel
- The blade may be a bit wide for some areas
- Some users reported that occasionally, this trimmer may pull your hair
10. Braun Silk-épil 9 Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Epilator
- Gentle on the skin
- The light is useful for fine hair
- Handy pivoting head
If you dread shaving regularly, then the Braun Silk-Epil 9 is a great option for you because it is designed to remove the hair on your body from the roots. This will give you results that last more than four weeks. The head of the unit is roughly 40 percent wider than similar models, which means that it can remove more hair in one stroke. For a completely hairless feel, going over your legs twice may be required, depending on how long your hair is.
It can be used both wet and dry depending on your preference. It makes the process of epilation more comfortable with what Braun calls a Dual Comfort System. This works by massaging and cooling the skin before use and soothing it afterward. The good news is that, if you do experience any pain, it will become less every time you use it. It has a pivoting head that is great for the contours of your legs, and there is a smart light on the device that is designed to help you see thin hair.
A full charge takes only an hour of time which will give you a good 40 minutes of use.
- It is easy to use and relatively gentle on the skin
- The light is useful for fine hair
- The pivoting head makes hair removal much easier
- Some users might experience a bit of pain initially
- Your skin may take a while to get used to the treatment
Wrapping it Up…
As you can see, there are a number of great options for women to try when it comes to shaving. Everyone has different preferences and needs and this list includes something to suit all preferences and budgets. We have ensured that we only included the best of the best here and these are all top selling electric razors that received a lot of positive feedback from people that have bought and used the different models.
Having studied all the features and feedback from users, one stands out as an exceptional buy. The Panasonic ES-ED50-N Multi-Functional Wet/Dry Shaver and Epilator for Women is our top pick. It can be used for wet shaving, dry shaving, and as an epilator, which makes it one of the most versatile options available. It also has a light to help you see in your bathroom where the lighting may not be optimal.
The winner for the best travel option is the ultra compact the Remington WSF4810 Women’s Travel Foil Shaver. It is a comfortable wet or dry shaver that works of AA batteries.
There is no need to hide away or cover your body because you could not bear the thought of shaving. Any one of these options will give you a smooth, comfortable and convenient shave. Select one with the features that suit your personal preference and you will no longer have to dread the thought of shaving. You can enjoy smooth skin all year round without any of the hassles or discomfort normally associated with shaving.
Related Article: Black Man Mustache Styles, be more fashionable!
Found this post helpful?
Don’t forget to share on Pinterest!
About the author Alyssa Kaye
Alyssa is a young, professional blogger living in Hoboken, NJ. Thanks to her Middle Eastern heritage, Alyssa is no stranger to unwanted hair. She has tried every laser hair removal product on the market in a quest to find the best!