There is nothing like a classic, close shave with a double-edged safety razor. Whether you are tidying up your signature look or going for a full shave, there is more to achieving this look than a careful flick of the wrist.
For sensitive skin preparation is everything. Follow these steps to get the best shaving experience:
- When you shower you are steaming your pores to open up and your skin becomes more supple.
- To ease the shaving process exfoliating will get rid of all the excess dead skin cells. You can choose natural exfoliators like creams, face wash, or a handheld device. Be careful not to over-exfoliate otherwise you stimulate more oil production than you need.
- Maintain a skincare routine to provide your face what it is lacking, or keeping under control your excesses. A routine will make shaving a breeze.
- Once your routine and products are in place, you will need the best double-edged razor blades for sensitive skin. So here are five double edge razor blades you want to check out:
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. Vikings Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
|RUNNER UP||2. Shaving Revolution’s Platinum Japanese Stainless Steel
|3. Shark Super Stainless Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
|4. Shark Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, Super Chrome, 100 Count
|5. Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Safety Razors
Our Best Double Edge Razor Blades for Sensitive Skin, Reviews and Comparisons
1. Vikings Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
A 9-12 month supply of quality blades that are ideal for sensitive skin and are suitable for soft to medium coarse hair. This is a great blade to use when you are just beginning your shaving journey.
This 50 pack of razor blades are double wrapped for extra safety and easy disposal. They are divided into packs of 5 for your storage convenience.
Made from platinum-coated Swedish 13C26 Steel you have a blade that makes for a sturdy, long-lasting blade.
What We Like About Vikings Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
The blades are safe for sensitive skin. These blades last longer than their counterparts.
What We Don’t Like About Vikings Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
Not suited for extra-coarse hair or if you are looking for a super aggressive blade. This blade can cause irritation if it’s used beyond its market life of 5-7 shaves.
- Close, smooth and comfortable shave
- Blades have just the right amount of sharpness and smoothness.
- Ideal for beginners
- Some experience razor burn
- Not suited for coarse hair
2. Shaving Revolution’s Platinum Japanese Stainless Steel
Beard care is a passion for many. That Viking Revolution products are suited to whatever style, color, length or shape of one’s facial hair. The beard represents the man. So using the right blades will give the best statement.
The Viking Revolution is a leader in the Beard Care industry for the modern men who expect the highest standards becoming the go-to brand for Men’s Grooming.
Read Related Article: Best Shaving Cream For Safety Razor
The Viking Revolution offers the highest quality platinum coated Japanese stainless blades that offer a sharp and clean shave.
Each package of 50 stainless steel blades is individually wrapped in wax paper for safety and finesse.
What We Like About Shaving Revolution’s Platinum Japanese Stainless Steel
These products are made of the highest quality, using only premium materials.
What We Don’t Like About Shaving Revolution’s Platinum Japanese Stainless Steel
These blades are not suited for thick facial hair. They also require a specific compatible shaving cream.
- Sharp and precise
- Blades require compatible shaving products manufactured by the company
- Blades are dull
3. Shark Super Stainless Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
Shark’s Super Stainless Double Edge Safety Razor Blades is made from premium material that will deliver a smooth and comfortable shave. Their quality means you benefit from their outstanding smoothness, sharpness, comfort, and longevity.They have a reputation of being the longest-lasting double edge blades they have ever used. And are world-renowned for their high quality
The professional quality afforded these stainless steel blades means they retain their sharpness over many shaves. They are compatible with standard safety razors including Gem, Parker, Merkur, Jagger, and Gillette. You get outstanding value with 20 tucks of 5 quality blades.
What We Like About Shark Super Stainless Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
Value for the money. These very sharp razors help avoid razor burn.
What We Don’t Like About Shark Super Stainless Double Edge Safety Razor Blades
Some users found the blade to be dull, which increases shaving time.
- Always a close shave
- Works great in both hot and cold water
- Long lasting
- For some users the blades do not last after a couple of shaves
- Blade is dull
4. Shark Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, Super Chrome, 100 Count
Shark Super Chrome Double Edge Razor blades are a popular go-to for barbers and wet shavers. These quality blades are world-renowned and offer a smooth and comfortable shave.
A package of 100 blades made from stainless steel and polymer-coated, which keeps them fresh for longer. These blades are compatible with Parker, Merkur, Gem, Gillette and all other brands of standard safety razors.
What We Like About Shark Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, Super Chrome, 100 Count
These blades last longer which makes them economically sound investment. Every shave is smoother, closer, and there is far less irritation when compared to their counterparts.
What We Don’t Like About Shark Double Edge Safety Razor Blades, Super Chrome, 100 Count
The blades can be dull.
- The blades can be dull.
- You get your money’s worth
- Smooth and comfortable shaving experience
- Some users find the blades dull
- Quality is inconsistent
5. Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Safety Razors
Gillette Silver Blue blades are produced in St. Petersburg, Russia. High quality and a smooth and comfortable shave are assured every time. Their quality assures they will last for a very long time.
Features:Each package includes 5 packs of 5 blades for a total of 25 affordable stainless steel blades that are compatible with different double edge safety razors
What We Like About Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Safety Razors
This product is a leader in quality as well as dependable. If you’re looking for a quick clean shave without any cuts then this is your blade. The most comfortable shave and nick-free.
What We Don’t Like About Gillette Silver Blue Double Edge Safety Razors
You will find these blades pricier than the average blade. They seem to be longer than the average blades which mean users can get nicks when shaving.
- Quick shave
- Quality you can rely upon